A SharePoint user is a member of your organization who has been assigned to the SharePoint service to which your organization has subscribed. The Service Users
feature in the Control Panel allows you to assign and manage all of the users in your account as it relates to the various services your organization is using; for the purposes of this exercise, we’ll focus on creating a user and assigning them to the SharePoint service.
Please note that in order to create a SharePoint user, you must first purchase the SharePoint resource for your account. See Add a Resource
- Log into the Control Panel.
The Control Panel's main dashboard displays.
- Select Add New User from the SharePoint section of the main dashboard.
NOTE: You can also access the Add New User wizard by selecting the Users tab and then clicking the [Add New Service User] button. Be sure to select SharePoint in the Services section if you do it this way.
The first screen of the Add New User wizard displays.
- The first step of the Add New User wizard is to select the type of user you wish to create for your SharePoint site.
For this example, select New Service User and click [Next].
- Existing Service User - Select this option if the user had previously been setup with either Exchange or SharePoint service. The Service Users list displays. Select a user and click [Next]. Go to Step 6.
- New Service User - Select this option if the user has never been setup with either Exchange or SharePoint service.
The next screen of the Add New User wizard displays.
Enter a Display name, Login, and Password for the new SharePoint user.
NOTE: If you want the system to generate a random password for you, click the [Generate New Password] button. Write it down; system passwords are easy to forget.
Click the [Next] button when finished,and the next step in the Add New User wizard displays.
Use this screen to enter the parameters to be associated with this user’s SharePoint access.
Roles range from None to Reader or Contributor, to Web Designer and Admin.
Click [Next] and the Add New User wizard summary screen displays.
Review the new user information and click [Finish].
The new user is created and displays in the SharePoint Users list.
Notice that the new user status is "Updating."
When complete, the new user status will read "Ready."
To modify a user, click the appropriate Service User name.
The Service User Details screen displays.
Click the [Edit] button, and then make any necessary changes to the user's information.
You may edit the user's display name and login.
NOTE: From here you also can access their contact info, password expiration parameters, and notification email address.