Reset a BlackBerry Activation Password
It is not uncommon for your employees to change their BlackBerry devices if an old BlackBerry is broken, if a BlackBerry has been lost and the old device was “wiped” for security purposes, or if a user simply purchases a new device. Additionally, it is not uncommon for an employee’s BlackBerry to stop communicating with the BlackBerry server, in which case the user will need to initiate a new activation from the device for troubleshooting purposes in order to re-establish communication between the handheld device and the BlackBerry server.
In these circumstances, it is necessary to simply re-set the user’s mailbox BlackBerry service activation password, and then have the user perform a new “enterprise activation” from the BlackBerry device itself to re-connect the device to the BlackBerry server.
- Log into the Control Panel.
The Apptix Control Panel’s main dashboard displays:
- Select the Exchange tab from the menu bar.
The Exchange dashboard displays:
- Select the Mobile Devices tab:
- From the Mobile Devices tab, select BlackBerry Accounts.
The BlackBerry Accounts screen displays a list of all mailboxes currently configured with BlackBerry service and the status of each user.
- From the BlackBerry Accounts screen, click the user’s Account name to display this user’s BlackBerry details page:
- In the Device section, click the [Generate and email activation password] button.
The activation password operation is completed automatically and emailed to the user.
- Click the [Close] button to complete the assignment of a new activation password.