The Mailbox Permissions function is an easy way for Administrators to grant rights to users to open and view emails associated with the mailbox to which they have been assigned. Once the mailbox permissions rights have been defined in this Control Panel, the appropriate mailbox rights settings must be configured in the Outlook client software in order to open and view the mailbox to which the user has rights.
- To assign mailbox permissions to a pre-defined mailbox, log into the Control Panel, and access Exchange | Mailboxes from the left-side navigation or main menu links.
- Click the [Grant permissions] button.
All services defined in your Exchange account display.
- Select the appropriate Send Permission value (Send As, Send on Behalf) for the mailbox(es) to whom you wish to provide access to this mailbox.
Click the [Submit] button to finalize your selection.
Only the type “Mailbox” should be selected from the Type column as only other mailboxes can utilize mailbox access permissions.
- Send As: Allows the mailbox to use the [From…] button in Outlook and select this Display Name from the GAL in order to have email sent in this manner delivered with the Display Name and email reply to address of the organization unit selected.
- Send on Behalf: When defined within Outlook as a “delegate,” allows the mailbox to use the [From…] button in Outlook and select this Display Name from the GAL in order to have email sent with the display of “Send on behalf of X by Y” where Y=mailbox and X=the selected service below.
The selected mailbox’s permissions information is updated to show all mailboxes within your account that have access permissions to this mailbox.
You may remove the mailbox permissions by selecting the checkbox in front of the display name and clicking the [Revoke Permissions] button.