Configure Email Forwarding
Configure email forwarding in order to enable the user to receive email at another mailbox of their choice. During configuration you also have the option to leave a copy of an email message in the user's Apptix mailbox, in addition to the copy being forwarded.
- Log into the Control Panel, and access Exchange | Mailboxes from the left-side navigation or main menu links.
- From the list of mailboxes created under your account, select the mailbox to which you would like to define a forwarding email address by clicking the hyper-link under the Display name column.
The user/mailbox details screen for the selected email address displays (see example below).
- Click the Forwarding tab.
- To enable forwarding, click the [Enable object] button.
The screen changes to enable you to select the email address to which you would like to forward your messages.
- In the E-mail address input box, type the email address to which you would like to forward your messages.
If you wish to leave a copy of your email messages in your Apptix mailbox (in addition to the copy being forwarded), click the checkbox next to Leave copy of messages.
- Once you have defined the forwarding email address, click the [Submit] button.
If you do not click the Leave copy of messages checkbox, email will be forwarded to your external email address without saving a copy in your Apptix mailbox.
A confirmation screen displays the forwarding parameters submitted.
- From the confirmation screen you can click the [Disable object] button to cancel the forwarding or click the [Change] button to edit the forwarding email address defined.
To forward to multiple email addresses, create a Distribution List and use the Distribution List email address as the email forwarding property.