A “Service User” is a member of your organization who has been assigned to any of the Apptix services to which your organization has subscribed. The Service Users feature in the Admin Control Panel allows you to assign and manage all of the users in your account as it relates to the various services your organization is using.
- Log into the Control Panel.
The Apptix Control Panel main dashboard displays:
Select the Users tab from the menu bar.
The Users dashboard displays a list of current service users:
- Click the [Add New Service User] button to access the Add New Service User wizard:
- Identify the parameters for this new service user and assign the service user to multiple services subscribed to by your account:
After completing all of the detail screens associated with any new services subscribed to for the selected service user, the Add New Service User summary screen displays.
- Main section: Define the service user parameters for creating this new service user:
- Display Name: How the service user name will be displayed to others.
- Login: Must be a unique login associated with one of your account domains, which may be selected from the drop-down menu. Apptix suggests using the first.lastname nomenclature.
- Password and Confirm Password: Enter a login password for this service user and confirm the password in the confirmation field.
Optional: You may click the [Generate new password] button to have the new password generated automatically.
- Services section: Click the checkbox(es) for those services to be added to this service user. You may select multiple services in this section.
- The appropria te setup screens display based upon the services selected in this step.
- Click [Next] when you have completed the first screen.
The next screen of the Add New Service User wizard displays:
- This screen enables you to set the new service user's Alias and E-mail Address, as well as mailbox Size limit. A typical size limit setting is 5GB.
- Select the appropriate Mailbox Access for the new service user and click [Next].
After completing all fo the detail screens associated with any new services subscribed to for the selected service user, the Add New Service User summary screen displays:
- Review the summary information displayed, and then click [Finish] to accept all of the parameters entered to create this new service user.
The updated User list displays, indicating the results of adding the new service user along with a table detailing the specifics of all currently defined service users.
From this screen you can continue to add new service users or delete or manage the service users currently listed.