When you purchase a SharePoint subscription through the Apptix storefront, you are asked to provide a domain name for your SharePoint site. That domain name is automatically associated with the new site and displays during the Add a New SharePoint Site function.
When you add a SharePoint site to a subscription that already contains the SharePoint resource, such as an Exchange bundle, the steps you follow will be slightly different. The following are the steps associated with adding a SharePoint site to a “SharePoint only” subscription.
- Log into the Control Panel.
The Apptix Control Panel’s main dashboard displays:
- As illustrated, select Add New Site from the SharePoint section of the main dashboard.
The first screen of the Create New SharePoint Site wizard displays:
NOTE: You can also access the Create New SharePoint Site wizard by selecting the SharePoint tab at the top of the screen and clicking the [Add New Site] button.
- Select a domain or subdomain from the list (this is the domain name you entered when you purchased the SharePoint subscription) and click the [Next>>] button.
NOTE: If you have only one domain, then there will be no list, just the name of the domain.
The next screen of the Create New SharePoint Site wizard displays.
- Select the subscription to which the SharePoint site will be associated and click [Next].
The next screen of the Create New SharePoint Site wizard displays:
This step consists of selecting the type of user that will administer the new SharePoint site:
Existing Service User – Select this option if the user had previously been setup with either Exchange or SharePoint service. The Service Users list displays. Select a user and click [Next>>]. Go to Step 6.
New Service User – Select this option if the user has never been setup with either Exchange or SharePoint service.
- For this example, select New Service User and click [Next>>].
The next step of the Create New SharePoint Site wizard displays:
- Enter a Display name, Login, and Password for the new site administrator.
NOTE: If you want the system to generate a random password for you, click the [Generate New Password] button. Write it down; system passwords are easy to forget.
- Click the [Next>>] button when finished, and the next step in the Create New SharePoint Site wizard displays:
- Select a Template from the drop-down list or leave the default selected, which enables you to select a template when you first log into the new site.
Enter a Storage quota in the appropriate field (MB or KB) and click [Next>>].
The next step in the Create New SharePoint Site wizard displays:
- Select a Language in which to provision the site (default is English). The list of available languages depends on the selected template.
- Click [Next].
The summary screen displays:
- Review the new site’s settings and click [Finish].
The new site is created and displays in the list of SharePoint sites for the account.