Account administrators are technical administrators for your accounts/services hosted at Apptix. These users can add/change/delete end-user accounts in Exchange, SharePoint, etc. By default, the initial “administrator” for a customer account is based on the login ID used during the checkout process on initial sign-up of the Apptix service.
- Log into the Control Panel.
The Apptix Control Panel's main dashboard displays:
- Select the Admins shortcut from the Account section of the main dashboard.
The Admins screen displays:
NOTE: If an admin has left your company you can disable them by clicking the admin's Name and then the [Disable User] button on the Admin Details screen.
- To add a new admin, click the [Add New Admin] button.
The first screen of the Add New User wizard displays:
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you have only one Account Administrator in the system, you must create a new (second) admin and assign the "Account Administrator" role to them before you can delete the first account. This prevents you from deleting the only admin account you have, and thereby being blocked from managing your system.
- Enter the details for this user and click the [Next>>] button.
The second screen of the Add New User wizard displays:
- Select the nature of the subscriptions that this user can manage (role) and click the [Finish] button.
The Admins list displays, including the new admin:
- Click the Name fo the admin to access the Admin Details screen, where you can edit the admin's information and parameters.